• Learn skate vocabulary.
• Skate forward.
• Turn to the Left, turn to
the Right and stop securely.
• Learn controlled descents.
• Downhill T Glide.
• 3 types of hill turns - S turns, Slalom turns,
• Spread Eagle stops.
• All taught on a level, smooth surface
with places to hold on if necessary.
• In Central Park practicing all the downhill
techniques learned in lesson 2.
• Review of lesson 3 on novice hill.
• Skate out into Park, experience varied terrain.
• Visit Skaters Road and on to Graduation Hill
to work on controlled descent and hill turns on a more advanced hill.
• Optional: Experience the "Skate Circle" with
the world renowned Central park Dace Skaters, to the music of N.Y.'s top